Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dan got "Mommy Brain"

Before Dan left for the FBI he had a month off between jobs. So for the whole month of January, I went to work at the hospital full time to “bring home the dough” and Dan stayed home with the 2 kids and was “Mr. Mom”. It was the best experience for both of us. I got to experience what it was like to work all day, come home, eat dinner, sleep, then go back to work, while Dan got to experience staying at home all day, feeding the kids breakfast, lunch, and dinner, then having to put them to bed all by himself. It was really funny to watch. I felt myself getting smarter and smarter as I surrounded myself with adults and adult conversation for 12 hours a day. Meanwhile, back at the home, Dan slowly noticed his brain slipping bit by bit, and before we knew it, he was fumbling over words and sentence structure and he could hardly talk without kind of forgetting where he was going with the conversation! He developed “Mommy Brain”! It was amazing. It was a great break for both of us- but I must say, I’m glad to be back with the kids. I love being a nurse, but I love being a Mommy more. (Even if it does suck out my brains sometimes!)

No comments: