Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mommy Moments

Speaking of “mommy moments”, I’ve had a couple of them these last few days…
The other night I was literally peeling off my "Mommy" shirt stained with spit-up, chocolate fingerprints, snot, Children's Motrin, and gravy from the night’s dinner, I chuckled to myself as a thought occurred to me... then the thought un-occurred to me as it quickly and silently fleeted from my brain as fast as it had come. I couldn't remember what was so funny after all. Then I just chuckled even more because I thought it was pretty funny how fast I forgot what was so funny. I think I was just really tired.
The next day I decided to take a break and try to go shopping for a shirt for myself. I got a babysitter for Addie and I just took the baby with me. Having only one kid was a snap. I was shopping and cruisin’ around just feeling all good about myself and feeling like I was totally with it and had things all organized and under control… So I’m feeling great and accomplished and cool…until I push my stroller past a mirror in the department store and get a glimpse of myself – and across my entire side are big, long streaks of fingerprinted chocolate stains running all down my white t-shirt! As if that wasn’t enough, to top it off there was a random, lone cheerio stuck to the chocolate at the bottom! I have to admit it stifled the wind in my sail just a tad. But it was really kind of funny. Aren't Mommy moments fun?

3 comments:

Amy said...

aw, what a cute pic of you and the girls! What a great mommy moment, I think I may have had a couple of those...maybe...

dixonfamily said...

I can't believe you are just now telling me about your blog! What the heck?! Anyway, I am so excited to be able to see more pictures and hear about your daily experiences! I haven't seen a picture of Abigail in months. She is beautiful, as are the rest of the girls in the photo. Great mommy moment with the chocolate and the cheerio! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the three of you. So cute. It gave me a glimpse of you and your girls in the future. So cute.
I love those Mommy moments too. So often they take you by suprise and all you can do is laugh.