Photography Blog
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Why I chose my blog name
I guess I'd better explain why I chose the name "Wunda Girl". The truth is, I've always dreamed of having a nickname. My parents never gave me a middle name, and I was so jealous of the other kids in middle school that I invented my own fake middle name. I was pretty earthy back then, so I asked my Dad how to say "rain" in German. So that's how I got my middle name "Regen" (without the gutteral sounding "R" the Germans make when saying the word.) Fast forward now to when I was engaged to my hubster and we played softball with his friends. They are all notorious for giving nicknames to the women they date (some of which were Manvoice, Big Red, Thumbs, and Harry) so I was very excited to be initiated into the group with my own nickname. To my dissapointment, the only thing they could come up with was the nickname "Right field" because I was playing in right field. Dan insists this is why he married me- because I'm the first girl his friends couldn't make fun of with a nickname. I still feel cheated though. So anyway, back to the purpose of my blog entry... (not that anyone's listening)... When I got married, my last name became the coolest ever- and everyone calls my husband "Wundo"... so I simply became "Wunda". Adding the "Girl" part at the end was just something I did to spice it up and I'll have to seriously consider keeping it. What do you think? Does your first impression of my Blog name say "Cool Chick" or "Self proclaimed Superheroine"? I guess either one is fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I definitely had a flash of Mrs Incredible when I read your blog name. So I'd say you are definitely a superhero with this nickname! (power to you, Wunda!)
i'm down with "wunda girl." i think it's the perfect mix of superhero and name and spunk. it totally works. sorry i gave you blogger ash.
Post a Comment