Lately I've been busy working full-time at the hospital and spending time with my family... But my real excitement begins around 10pm when I get my "Ang-mode" 5th wind. This is when I get a million things done. The most recent fun stuff has included: painting the bathroom, replacing a ceiling fan in our bathroom (this one took FOREVER), drilling out tile from the kitchen, installing ceiling lights in our playroom, and making an EXTREMELY YUM YUM DOUBLE BUM Cake that we've decided to call "Mud Cake". (that was funny... I meant to type "yum" again but my fingers wanted to type "bum". Guess I'll leave it cause it's kinda catchy.
Here's some pics of our work:

Hottie hottie po potty bannana-fanna fo fotty...
This is our old ceiling fan. Yuck! It was sooo gross, it was actually yucked itself to death and we had to bury it.

I had to re-route the air duct and wiring cables... What a nightmare it was.
Then I installed the new, pretty fan.

Here's the YUM BUM MUD CAKE. You make a chocolate cake and use apple sauce instead of the oil, and also add a package of powdered, instant vanilla pudding mix. After baking the cake, you cut it in half and make some chocolate pudding mixed with cool whip, and layer the cake: Cake/pudding miked with cool whip/Cake/pudding mixed with cool whip/ then cool whip to top it off. We even added chocolate powder on top just to make it extra fun looking. As you can see, it looks fabulous.
Here's Dan with the tile saw. We were trying not to suffocate him, but it seems that everything about this photo states otherwise.


Abigail didn't like the whole process one bit.

That's all for now. Cheers.
5 comments:
so happy for you guys that you have a house that you can fix up the way you like it. nice work for being do-it-yourselfers.
How in the world do you know how to do all this stuff??? That's amazing! We need to get together!!
Old ceiling fans give me the heebie-jeebies.
wow you guys have been so busy! I love that you have a picture of your crusty old fan motor, a bum yum cake, and your husband double checking the plastic Keep Away From Children/Not A Toy wrapping.
WE MISS YOU GUYS!! And your house seems amazing.
It looks like you guys are pros by now with all the renovations!! We aren't doing anything other than painting at the moment, and that seems to be taking a while. I am so excited that you guys are in your own home and getting to make it yours. I know it will be amazing by the time you're done, just like everything else you guys do! Love ya!
Post a Comment