Thursday, October 30, 2008

What's wrong with me?

What's wrong with me? Most moms have cute updates and fun stories about their kids and family... I just have updates on electrical equipment and cabinetry. Do I need therapy? I just changed the sockets to all my outlets and light switches. It was so exciting. We now have working outlets everywhere! Yee haaw. I only got shocked once. It really was shocking.... What I learned? Always turn off the breaker switches for BOTH light switches when you have dual light switches for one light. I'll dedicate the next post to my kids :) Here's my step by step run through changing the plug-thingies: Step 1: take out old thingie. Step 2: put in new thingy and start feeling real accomplished when you re-connect the wires. Step 3: turn on the light and SNAP! Here's my cabinetry work. Installing the stove vent/hood was a bear. Hope it stays put! Out with the old cabinets............. In with the new!!!!!!!!!!! Before repairing the fence........ Yucky! Spiders spiders spiders. After. Before my Mom's landscaping....... After! Here's a close-up of the flower box I made......... Here's the old piano we got off of good ole' craigslist. It's really old, but has lots of personality!

6 comments:

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH. Can I be your next door neighbor and just happen to have you come over and fix/create/install/build all this for me too!?!? I am inspired by your post. It almost makes me want to buy a house...AFTER I get out of school debt :)

Christine Ryan said...

WOW!!! I think you're officially my new hero. I'm going to call you when I need help fixing things. You've learned alot and I love your posts! I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job ang!! you are amazing! your house looks awesome.

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

Ang your house looks so awesome!!!! I love the new cabinets, I want some just like it now!

dixonfamily said...

HOLY COW!! It's official...you CAN do everything!!! I am pretty much amazed at all that you have done! It looks wonderful. Seriously, all we have done so far is paint, and that seems to be taking forever. I love your piano. Hopefully in the next year we'll be able to get one too. Craigslist is the best for stuff like that. Miss you guys and hopefully we can figure out what we're doing for the wundovixon trip soon.

jamie said...

i am SO impressed. everything looks great! and congrats, again, on your new house!