Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm BIG.




8 months!!!!

I got my first, "You look like you're ready to POP" comment today... which is depressing because it's just over a month premature.  Seriously.  Why do people say stuff like that?  Is that supposed to make a big, huge, prego woman feel BETTER?  I don't mean to complain... I'm so blessed to have this baby in my belly.  I love it more and more every day.  But COME ON PEOPLE!!! 

Also, while i'm on the subject...

NEVER say, "You look tired... you must be exhausted."  What am I supposed to say to THAT?  Maybe I am tired- but what if I"m completely feeling energetic and excited about the prospect of finally not feeling tired?  Then what am I supposed to say?

Also, I'm pretty sure the ultrasound is better at predicting the sex of this baby then total strangers are.  However, everyone at Walmart, Addie's school, the sidewalk, the gas station, and any other place I randomly meet people insists that I'm having a boy.

I keep spilling on myself.  I thought it was because I was so far away from the table that I couldn't lean over my food properly so I was having to make the food stay on my fork all the way from my plate to my mouth... But I'm also drinking like I just got back from the dentist and my mouth is numb.  Just today, I've spilled honey, milk, water, AJ, and flour all over my tummy.  I guess having a child kicking me from the insides is throwing my coordination off a bit. 

Last night I made Dan take this photo cause I was laughing so hard at myself.  I don't even know how the flour got there, but it did... and it was funny when I saw it out of the corner of my eye.  What a MESS!  How did that even GET there??? Look at how much is on it and I didn't even notice!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think you look great! And if it makes you feel better, I don't think I ever stopped spilling, tripping, running into things, or being perpetually off-balance ever since I had Thomas (5 1/2 years ago).

Good thing kids are so worth it!

jamie said...

i hate the dumb stranger comments, too! i think it's just that most of them have no clue what it's like to be pregnant so they really have no idea the impact their words are having on the one with child. you're almost done!

Comarsh Crew said...

Oh Ela... I feel you! Have you washed dishes lately. I can't reach the sink like I used to because of the 37 week belly in my way!! Can't wait to have our babies together!