It was 6am. Dan was gone early to work, and it was just me and the babe for a routine feeding. I thought I was pretty used to Talylor's pooping signal's by now. (Grunting, squirming, then a short period of an extremely concentrating stare with silence... followed by poop.) So I was in the middle of changing her diaper. I had the new diaper under her old diaper, ready to exchange the messy diaper for the clean one in one fail swooping movement. I checked for the signs... no signs of pooping in sight... I go for the exchange!!! Quick- lift the feet and bum up in the air for the swap... WHAAAAAOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! A fountain of poo went squirting out of her bum- which was aimed directly at my chest- it all happened so fast. One minute I was going for the gold. The next I was covered in yellow MESS. I'm not talking a little bit here. I'm talking from under my chin, all the way over and down my chest all over my shirt, down to my waist- COVERED. It got on the bed, her outfit, (my jammies of course) the blankie, and the old diaper on the new diaper. I just sat there and blinked. I didn't even know where to begin.
Through it all Taylor had the most calm expression on her face.
So here's a photoshoot just for my little poop-Angel:
Love that bum!
Happy One Month La La... We love you!


8 comments:
So friggin adorable! I love that pose. You had me laughing with the pooping story. Casey did somthing like that except it didn't get all over me. She had filled 3 diapers after she was finished emptying herself! I couldn't believe that much poop was in her!
oh man. I'm sorry to say I am still chuckling right now. On the bright side, she must have felt SOOOOO good getting all that out of her system.
that happened with Beckette a lot when she was that age. There was nothing we could do to predict when it would happen, just deal with the clean up when they're done. It's amazing how much poop those little bodies can hold.
I love it! I am looking forward to the first time baby boy gets me in the face.
Hilarious! Aww...yellow poop! Can't wait :)
You know, my mom actually loves the smell of new born babies poops...funny huh?
lexi used to do that! her poop would squirt all the way from the changing table to half-way across the room! hope you had fun cleaning it up!
I love your stories! Kelsey did that to me when I was at my sister-in-law's house. I changed her right before we went to lunch at the Olive Garden. I didn't have any other clothes with me, so I cleaned it the best I could and headed off to lunch. Babies can be so much fun!
Now Taylor, you don't believe a word of what your mama has written. A cute bum like that can not Possibly do that much damage to your amazing mom!
Ela - Need more wipes?? ;P I am so glad I have never had THAT experience!
Post a Comment