Friday, February 19, 2010

Balance Beam

Addie has been really in to gymnastics since forEVER.  I'm trying not to beam too much- I don't want to pressure her- but I've loved gymnastics since I was a little girl, and seeing her at her gymnastics class wearing the cute leotard and working so hard to point her toes just makes the tears well up in my eyes!  I'm secretly living vicariously through her experience...

Dan has been wonderful.  He's long since given up on ever having a football star in the home (for now anyway) and has happily steered his attention to his daughters' sports.  He's sooo in to Addie's gymnastics and it's really cute to see.  Every Monday he gets home and takes her to her class.  He even took all of his girls (including me- yeah!) to see the San Jose Women's gymnastics team compete against Utah a couple weeks ago.  (We saw Addie's 'nastics teacher there too. btw- Abigail calls it "nastics" and it's adorable.)

So Dan bought the girls a balance beam to practice on.  It's only an inch or so off the ground, but it's been really fun to see them all play on.  Here's a couple shots of the first night we set it up:

So it was kind of funny- Dan made it a surprise and they were tearing open this HUGE box not knowing what amazing thing might be inside....
Here they are... the anticipation is palpable in the air!!!

This one is great.  Addie's face tells it all.  She was saying, "it's just a balance beam?!?"

Here she is- pouting...  Don't worry, Daddy saved the day...

And before we knew it.....  They LOVED it!
 
I love the excitement on their faces!



  
  

and even baby Tay tays got in to the action..



Great job Dad.

1 comment:

jamie said...

that's the coolest thing i've ever seen! they will have so much fun with that. also, your sweet baby is cutie-patootie!