Saturday, March 20, 2010

Crazy Hair Day

It was "Crazy Hair Day" at school yesterday.  This was something Addie has been looking forward to for WEEKS.  She's been planning her crazy hair day-do daily- and telling me about it.... daily.  Do you know what she wanted to do?  No- not crazy pony tails... No- not crazy colored hair sprays... No- no spikes or ratty/big hair...
   
    "Mommy, I want toilet paper in my hair for crazy hair day... and I want to do it myself.  I don't want you to help me at all... and I'm NOT going to brush my hair!"

All week she has remembered what day it was too- she's never done that before.  Like she knew Monday was Monday and Thursday was Thursday... I was so impressed, and am continually surprised at what makes her excited. 

Here she is with her little invention- of which I'm certain that NO OTHER kid at her school thought to do:


Ok- so part of me (the worrying-mom part of me) was worrying that she had REALLY psyched herself up for this day and how fun/funny it would be to go to school w/ toilet paper on her head.... and I worried that it might be disappointing for her or maybe kids would make fun of her and it would backfire-
The other part of me was so proud of her unique personality and courage and I couldn't help but tear-up as I watched her run to line up for class- her little head bouncing away and the toilet paper flying behind her.
Anyway, the day was a success (except for the part where a couple of boys kept tearing off pieces of the toilet paper and she had to tell the teacher on them.)  What a cutie.
Love you Addie. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so DARN adorable! I love how kids are so fearless... wish that could carry with us when we get older!

Amy said...

haha, Addie is just too smart for the rest of us! I'm so glad she had a great day, and good for her for telling on those naughty boys for tearing off pieces of her hairdo! :)

corinne said...

precious girl, and precious story by her mama. loved it.

Sara said...

She was so cute! I totally thought she was going for the "bridal veil" look though. hah hah

Natalie said...

darling! clever and cute addie!