Friday, March 25, 2011

A bunch of random stories for the blog with a totally interesting title.

We were SUPPOSED to go to Peru.  Dan's mom came out to hang for a week and she was going to fly back with the kids to SLC, Utah, and take them to Aunties house to stay while mommy and daddy flew to Lima.  Then the chicken pox scare thrashed our plans.  After 2 weeks of moping about it and being in quarantine-mode and not leaving our house (Adds missed a week of school before I was certain she wasn't contagious.)  Dan left on a boys trip.  He has these 2 buddies that we love- and they all decided to go to the Mountain West Tournament in Vegas for some guy-time.  I was actually looking forward to my own R & R at night so I could catch up on my blogging, sewing, digital scrapbooking, photography, etc... I had a million plans to keep me busy.  The first night Dan was gone, Abigail started her hacking/choking/craaaaaazy coughing spells and was up all night with this.  Next day Addie started w the fever.  105 degrees w/ Motrin and Tylenol around the clock.  Next night Abigail continues w the cough and throw's up twice from it.  Change the bed, change the bed again.  Addie has fever for 3 more days. Taylor get's an ear infection.  Addie gets an ear infection. Abigail get's on antibiotics because she starts feeling left out.  (Just kiddingI don't remember much from this couple of weeks of my life... But I'm glad I took this photo.  (I am missing the humidifier, and the nebulizer (breathing treatment machine) that I had to use for both Abigail and Taylor.)  I will not miss these days when they're older.  I think I didn't leave my house for 3 weeks straight.  I have a wonderful friend (Barbara you are an angel) who even picked up a prescription for me when I just couldn't do one more thing.

After they all got better, and Dan was home, guess who got a sinus infection?  Mommy.  So now I'm on antibiotics and can hardly move.  MY mom comes out to save the day.  Mimi is the best.  We went from THIS:
So sad!

 To THIS:
If you can't tell, there is a candle in a bowl of ice cream and "brookies".  It was my Mom'd birthday and she spent it taking care of us!  Only a mother has this kind of love!!!!
Next was St. Patricks Day.  This Year was really fun.  Addie's kindergarten class had to make traps to try and catch the mischievous leprechauns.  Abigail made one too for fun.
The Leprechaun sneaks up, see's that it's NOT a trap, and BAM- falls through the punched out holes in the paper lid!

The little green monster sneaks up the stairs to eat some sprinkles and steal the gold coin, follows the footsteps, and BAM!  Falls through the tissue paper!!!
 Here's the girls in their cute, little gymnastics outfits... LOVE!
Love my baby.  She's totally a mama's girl and I just eat it up.  It took 3 kids to get this- so I get to bask.....
Where's your bellybutton?
Look at her cute missing front teeth!  This one fell out during a walk-a-thon at school.  She got in the school year book for it.
Can't stand the cuteness of that budda-belly. 
I've wanted to do this for a long time- I FINALLY found a good enough (cheap enough) deal on a billion beanie babies.  We got them garage-sailng (The girls and I love to go do this during the summer together.  They bring their quarters and buy toys and love it!)  These were all tagged and in a collector's showcase their entire lives- so they were totally new (otherwise YUCK- never stuffed animals at a garage sale.)  They love to spread them out and sort them out.  We are talking HOURS of fun here.  Abigail still loves her lion the most.
 Dan got season tickets to the Warriors this past year because he's an "Adult."  He and our good friend Greg had a great time.  Here they are watching the pre-game stuff.  Dan's fav was seeing Blake Griffin (even though he also saw Lebron James w/ the Heat and also his favorite team; the Jazz.) 

Greeeeeg!




No comments: