Thursday, October 6, 2011

Puddle Splashing.

It rained today. 
It doesn't EVER rain during the day unless FALL is here or SPRING is here.  Then it rains for a month straight.  Today was the first day of rain for us.  The dreary, drizzly weather was an immediate source of depression this morning when we woke up.  No exercise at the track... no playgroup outside... no friends over to jump on the tramp.  Boo. 
My friend (whom I always look up to and admire) gave me the idea of "Puddle Splashing" on rainy days.  She first mentioned the idea when I told her how much I hate being inside when it's rainy outside.  She said she doesn't stay inside when it rains- it's the perfect time to go OUTside!  So- today, being the first rainy day of the year, I decided to follow suit and make it an "outside" day.  The second we picked up Addie  from school, we drove home and got out our umbrella and rain boots (clogs for Bird and sandals for Tays).  Some of the comments I heard during our adventure were: "Mommy you are the BEST Mommy EVOW!", "But Mommy, we'll get all wet and muddy...",  "Oh man, this is the best day of my LIFE!" and of course Tays, "Shooooz!  Shooo!  WaWa!!!"  Here's our day:


I love looking at Taylor's face in all of these.





She finally got the hang of it!







After a warm bath... we made some hot chocolate and ate cookies.

Which of course turned in to Kitty-licking the milk...

 
 Which of course turned in to THIS :(

GREAT day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

The 3 pictures at the end are what make this post classic for me! Love it!