(This blog is made by Dan and these photos are with my cruddy blackberry phone.)
Let's start with adorable photo of Becca riding a horse while holding a baby. Becca is a fantastic kid, she's the complete package. She's loving, athletic, and has a for real sense of humor (One time she pretended to be asleep in the car and faked out everyone until she started laughing. Another time, before she was even 1 year old, the kids were playing 'made you look' with Mommy and Becca yelled out 'Momma' and pointed. When Ang looked, Becca just started laughing because she fooled her. She totally got the joke.) Becca is also exhausting to take care of. See this photo
She climbed to the top of this and dangled there laughing. She later fell of the second rung, rolled over, said 'woah' and carried on. She is very strong and athletic, but she is way more risky than any of the others. She has no problem jumping in a pool. Last time we went swimming, it took every last bit of energy Ang and I had to keep her alive.
The rest of the kids are doing great. A few months ago I took the kids to the Americana in Glendale, CA.
It's an amazing out door mall that has an amazing fountain and a free trolly ride around the mall. They have a tasty french fry joint and some good macarones. Addie tried a lavender macarone. It tasted like a flower and frankly was disgusting, but that's Addie, very adventurous. It was also very Addie to be totally honest, say she didn't like it, and want my caramel macarone. Not at all in a snotty way, just a very matter of fact way. Addie lives life in the moment. If she doesn't like something she doesn't do it, and if she loves what she's doing, she couldn't think of doing anything else. Those statements do make sense, I promise. For example, she loves playing soccer, but she sometimes hates going to soccer practice, because at that moment she might be playing a fun game. She doesn't think about the fact that the game might get boring and then she'll have missed out on soccer practice, or missing soccer practice might hurt her some way in the future, it just makes sense to just do what she is doing. So with the cookie, she doesn't worry about the fact that she picked the wrong cookie, that moment is over, she just worries about getting the right cookie in her mouth. I'm sure there's a better way of putting all that, but just know that she's the most fun because of who she is.
Taylor recently finished up her first year of pre-school. Here we are at Daddy-daughter night.
The theme is pirates as you can tell. Taylor loved every moment of one-on-one time. She's a middle child that would love some more attention. She also happens to be the easiest kid to take care of so thus doesn't demand as much attention. She's very cautious, so we don't worry about her getting hurt. She doesn't like being dirty, so we don't worry about her making big messes. She'll follow instructions after only being told once, so we don't have to hound her all the time. She's a very sensitive soul that just melts your heart when she's sad. When other kids are sad it drives me crazy, but when she is, I just want to give her a big hug.
Abigail is the dreamer of the family. Addie is too, but Abigail is more. Here's the lone photo I have of her in my phone.
This photo says a lot about her. One, she just finished her soccer game where I was her coach. In that game she most likely ran around with a smile on her face, helped up a fallen kid, picked a dandelion, and had multiple balls fly past her without even knowing about it. Two, she is on track and field track while I was playing my flag football game. Addie would be running around the track, but not Abigail. She sets up shop right in the middle and builds a very thought out town. She was so proud of it that she insisted I get a picture, which of course I wanted. It was a hotter day, and there was shade somewhere else, but she was determined to make her town. She also didn't have a care in the world to her surroundings. Abigail is, and I'm not just saying this as her father, a very smart child. She understands things well beyond her years. It will be interesting to see how she focuses it, because sometimes she's so smart she really doesn't see the need to focus it in the direction that older people tell her to.
One last photo of Dad
That is not herpes. I got shot in the face with a paint ball gun and I just want to remember it. Unfortunately I cleaned up all the blood before I thought to take a picture.
And here's a photo of Ang that she probably doesn't want posted, but it's all I had in my phone
Poor girl was miserable in the ER with a giant kidney stone. I did the only thing I could do and snapped a photo. There's better pictures of Ang, which she will post when she starts blogging again.









No comments:
Post a Comment