Sunday, September 7, 2014

I've forgotten how to blog.

It's not a lie.  I literally didn't know what to do when I tried getting on my computer to enter a blog post in.  It's been forEVER.

Not going to dilly dally, or even ATTEMPT to catch up.  Just jumpin' right in.

I keep a "notes" icon on my phone, and every time a kid says something funny I try to write it down.  I miss a billion of them but here are a few I've managed to record.  Enjoy:

Abigail:  "Do mermaids have a bum?

Dan says this about Abigail. "Man, she can't sit still!  She could figure out how to make a mess out of a piece of paper." 

Addie (when listening to the Madonna song, "Borderline" on the radio), "This sounds like the Carebears!"

Quick Story:  We found an injured raven at church on the ground.  It was obviously dying.   We wrapped got an old piece of clothing out of our car trunck and wrapped the bird.  Addie was very involved in "saving" it.  By the time the animal services came the bird had  died.  Seems like we've had a lot of bird stories lately.  Addie loves birds. 

Nov. 2013 Whilst dropping off Taylor at preschool I had no shoes on.  I felt so relieved when I look over and the mom running up to the door with her child has nothing but socks on.

Feb 11 2014- Abigail 
While reading the scriptures about the creation of the world; "and Jesus called the light day and the darkness night... Oh THAT'S who made up all the good words! Jesus did! Wait, then who made up all the BAD words then? Oh, it Was probably  Satan. Oh HE must have made up all the bad words."  I have no idea what the "good" or "bad" words were... but it was funny.

Addie playing with a billion beanie babies in he living room gets asked "what's all this?" by a friend. She sarcastically remarks, "a family reunion. " then laughs and adds, "No, It's an escape from the toy store." 

Becca's got ninja moves: 
We were getting ready for school one morning and were running late (of course).  When it was time to go Becca was no where to be found.  We had lost Becca in our own hourse.  This has never happened before.  We were calling her name everywhere and everyone was running around frantically trying to find her.  I ran outside and our gate was closed (thank goodness).  After FIVE minutes (this seemes like forever when you loose your 1 year old.)  I go, yet again, into the back room in the studio and look deeper.  There she is,  sitting in the studio quietly by herself behind the photography equipment  on the stool staring out the window.  Just quietly staring out the window.  Freaky ninja baby.  What was she THINKING???!!!!  I was frantic, and here she was just sitting quietly.  I totally missed her the first time looking in this room because I didn't expect she'd be so dang quiet!



3/26/14. I asked the girls what book they chose for me to read to them Abigail chose where the wild things are and Taylor chose the "jingle jail man". Aka The "gingerbread baby".  I laughed straight up out loud.  This still makes me laugh just writing it.

5/11/14 Abigail mentioned casually that when she grows up she wants to be a fire hydrant and fight fires.  Totally dead serious.

6/22/14. Why does my baby insist on throwing her bottle BEHIND her crib each morning??

Abigail is yelling at her sisters and after getting in trouble she says "Then who can I yell at if they've done something wrong?!" I tell her, "We don't yell at the people we love!"  She says, "Oh, ok.  No problem.  I get it."  Then immediately turns around and runs away yelling, "I HATE YOU SATAN!"

7/3/14 Our little baby bird "Softball" died this morning.  We had kept him alive for 4 weeks.  He was about 3-4 days old when we found him on a sidewalk one evening at a softball game.  He was bleeding and scratched up and his eyes were still sealed shut.  Just a new little thing.  We had fed him around the clock for days (yes, even during the nighttime) and kept him on a heating pad.  Eventually he grew tiny feathers and got stronger and he would squeek and chirp with his mouth wide open whenever he heard us whistle.  I think he died of hypothermia because he was so healthy the night before, and in the morning he was wet and next to his watering bottle all stiff. It was devestating, expecially to Addie, who had cared for him so tenderly.     We had a little funeral in our back yard, and said a prayer over the grave site.  During the prayer,  it seemed like all of the birds in the neighborhood came to seeing him off to heaven.  There were birds chirping and singing SO loudly all over our yard all of a sudden.  It was amazing.  The kids noticed it too.  They were on the rooftop, on our trampoline net, in the trees, everywhere.  I talked to the kids about God making us know that "Softball" was ok up in heaven and that we would see him again.  It was a really sweet experience.  Poor little guy.....







8/10/14 Abigail (7 yrs old) I mentioned that I needed to burn a CD for a client. She responded with disbelief, "WHAT???!!! WHY???!!" Then one second later says, nonchalantly, "well ok.  Ill go put it in the microwave."   Just as matter of fact as can be. 

8/19/14
Comments from all our children tonight at Sweet Tomatoes: 
Becca, "ONE!! ONE!! ONE!!"
Taylor, "mama- does it smell stincky? Mama does it smell STINKY?! Mama..!!" Me- "NO". Tays- "Smell my shoes then."  
Abigail- "I'm the healthiest choice maker of the whole group!" Addie, "ya, and Taylor's the worst." 

I laughed at something Becca did today and she looked at me and said her first real sentence, "Not funny Mommy."  It's really funny if you have a non verbal baby to just hear them spurt out a full sentence.  

There are so many more stories that I just miss writing down.  My kids are so cute.  

No comments: