Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Addie's first day of school

So It was Addie's first day... I was so proud. She and I were both a little nervous. I've been preparing her as much as possible for a few weeks now, even got a little calendar to cross out the days until school starts (and mainly to cross off the days until her 5th birthday in September... I was so sick of the HOURLY question every day fifty times a day, "When's my BIRTHday mom?!" We got her a few new outfits, a cute new backpack, a magnedoodle, and some new shoes. She was all ready to go. Abigail and I were pretty bumbed when we left, even though Addie seemed to be excited and ok with the separation... when we were walking to the car Abigail was walking with her feet shuffling and her hands hung limply at her side- she was looking down... I asked, "what's wrong bird?" She replied in a sad voice, "I miss Addie. I want Addie already." I hugged her tight and tried not to cry. the rest of the day was spent trying to call all the friends we have to keep us busy. When it was time to go pick Addie up I practically ran from the car to her class room (and I look pretty akward running with the prego state I'm in right now). When she saw us she ran and gave me a hug, then promptly told me that she wanted to stay and that school was fun. "Stay stay stay!" My little girl is so big! Here she is world!

2 comments:

jamie said...

hurray for addie! is she really that big already???

Sara said...

I am so glad that she LOVES school. What a cutie. It is weird having the oldest out of the house for a few hours isn't it??