Dan was working REALLY hard this week and HAD to go to Florida and stay at the Disney World Resort and listen to hours of terribly interesting presentations about how to stop financial fraud... I missed him a TON (despite the battle of jealous feelings), and it was hard to single-parent the girls during Addie's first week of being a Big Girl and going to school. We had a LOT of breakdowns and mommy realized what a long road she had ahead of her waking kids up that didn't want to be woken up, yelling the same phrases every morning a hundred times, "Get your shoes and socks on!" "Go get your teeth brushed!" "Time to comb your hair... No whining! YES, we HAVE to comb it." "Eat your breakfast.." "Go potty..." Order ORder ORDER!!! It's my yellow brick road to Nag-Land.
Anywho... We were all really glad to have Daddy back home. Especially when he showed the girls the presents he brought home from his trip....
This one was so funny. After we had the girls put the suckers away (they'd been eating them for half an hour) they snuck them back out and hid behind the curtain. I love the silhouette of the huge suckers in the window light

Gottcha!
So just an interesting question for all you moms out there... What phrases do you find yourself repeating the most during your day of Naggin'?
4 comments:
how do i choose just 1 nagging phrase/hmmm...i think this week it's..."change your UNDERWEAR" yup, my kids are 12 & 9. I thought i was pass that stage until last week,did laundry...6 pr jeans..check....10 shirts..check...THREE pairs of undies??? And yes,they do bathe.
"stop whining" "stop hitting the dog" "stop hitting your brother" "ask nicely please" "stop banging your cup" "stop banging your cars" "no yelling inside"
need i go on? this is just off the top of my head in 5 seconds.
If you were a fly in our house you would hear often... "Stop fighting" that is my biggest one. 2.5 year old boys and 5 year old girls do not play the same with with the same toys. Playtime can be dramatic.
My other favorite at nightime is, "Back to bed, keep the light off, no more drinks, etc."
Then there is the whole baby brother mantra....
Be soft with Calvin, that's too loud near Calvin, Calvin is too young for that, but thanks for sharing. Ok, that's enough hugs and kisses for Calvin, let him breath. ;)
I can so relate to the burnout that comes with single parenthood. I hit my all time low today. It hasn't been too bad until now. I just want this to be over! I'm so glad Colby is coming home this weekend. We only have 6 1/2 weeks left! By the way, I love your cute haircut, you look really good with short hair.
Post a Comment