Saturday, September 17, 2011

Abigail had to get her adenoids and tonsils out over the summer.  We were thrilled to do this surgery- as it improved her quality of life immensely.  But I was so nervous I was shaking when I took her in.  I lost sleep over this- just thinking of all the things I've seen go wrong because of surgeries... Now that it's all over I'm just so grateful we have such skilled physicians and amazing medical equipment to assist in such procedures.  We had to get up really early in the morning and go to the hospital- where she had to wear a little hospital gown and they gave her some oral versed- that kicked in pretty fast.  Here's us in the waiting room in her jammies.  No breakfast of course.


 
She was a little slurry and loopy when they wheeled her away in the gurney to operate.  I knew that someday I'd want to remember how funny she was being- even though I was super teary and nervous the day of... but here's a vid of the whole before/after.  My little baby- I was just so relieved when they brought her back to me.  
I told her all about the "doggy leash" on her hand she was going to have when she woke up so she wasn't scared of the IV.  The nurse was shocked that she woke up so calmly from the anesthesia- most kids freak out about the IV stuck on their hand and are crying.  Bird was just all cute and sweet. Such an angel.
Sorry it's sideways.  She's so cute!  she couldn't talk at first and it was so sad. 
At least we brought her Lion to comfort her.  (But it was a little hard to suck her thumb... which she still does at night time and when she is tired.)

going out to our car

Home at last!


Hangin' in the jammies for the next few days...
But it was alllll about the icecream.  She really liked that part.

1 comment:

fisherfam said...

O that almost made me cry'. Poor innocent thing! She's so cute. I like that you called it a doggie leash. Such a great idea'. I'm so glad everything went well. How cute is she with her little lion in the hospital bed?