This was one of the funnest parties to plan. Addie has been planning a "Money Party" for months. It's the only idea that has ever stuck with her for party-stuff. Talk about a genius idea. It was BRILLIANT!
 |
| First, the Leprochans stole all of the Bank's money and hid it... so the kids ran around and had to find the clues to where the pot of gold had gone. They were SO excited to see all the fake coins. |
 |
| Next they gave all the money back to the bank. The Bank said that since they were so nice in returning the money from the Leprechauns, the girls would have the chance to earn the money back by doing obstacle courses. Since they were going to be earning money, they needed to have a purse to put it in... So they decorated their own purse to hold their money. |
 |
| The obstacle courses included Limbo, a oversized-clothing-relay race, and cleaning up trash and pizza stuff around the yard (haha- I just included that one on a whim...) |
| | |
Of course they got to SPEND their money too :) (Thanks to my sis Heidi for the great ideas!!!! Quick funny story: I'd called her needing ideas because I'm so sick of doing "Pin-the-tail-on-the-BLANK, kind of games for every party. The first idea for our money party she suggested was "Pin-the-money-on-the-Bank". After we had a good laugh, she came up with this General Store Idea and it was brilliant. They had to buy their pizza, cake, icecream, and even drinks. There was also a bunch of cool junk like "bags of gold nuggets (gum), ring pops, rock pops, dollar-store toys, etc.
 |
We had a "Go Fishing" wall where you had to spend your money to fish for stuff- They "caught" all sorts of prizes!
|
|
 |
| Poor Taylor spent a lot of time doing this... It was hard to manage the entire thing and still give her attention. Sad! |
 |
| Made her the special birthday-headband the night before. She felt so special! I loved that when she saw it her eyes got all big and she smiled and asked if I had made it just for her. Then she said "Wow, you must have spent a lot of time on this." and she was all blushing and cute. |
 |
| Not the most amazing cake... but a cake nonetheless. Plus it has a cool "7" on it. |
In all it was a HUGE success. But I was so sad we didn't have time to play the "Nickel-Dive" game- where I had a huMONgous bag of shredded paper from work and we were going to throw it on a big tarp and throw like $20 in nickels in there and the kids would get to dive for it. Oh well... something to do on a rainy day I guess. We still have the shredded paper and nickles...
No comments:
Post a Comment