Well, I have no time to write in my journal, so here's a recap for myself of what's new in our lives.
Dan
...is now working and gets to do really fun stuff that I can't even mention... so don't ask.
He's also taking pseudo piano lessons from me and a book we just got on how to learn piano as an adult. It still has the cheesy clapping exercises, but at least we don't have to do it in front of a 70 year-old piano teacher!
Me
...I am also enrolled in piano lessons but get taught from a real teacher because I'm too lazy to push myself to learn. It's quite exciting. Up until now I've only played using my ears and a few notes I learned as a kid. I can now find where all the "c" notes are on the piano music. I'm very excited about my left hand! I've been busy trying to fit in a full-time work schedule and full-time mom, but Dan has been takingup the slack on that one. He calls me sometimes at work "just to say hi" or to ask a random question that can't wait till I get home... Our roles have totally reversed. I love being a mom. I love being a nurse. I love being a wife!
Addie
...was enrolled in soccer, but the class was cancelled due to not enough kids signing up so she only got to go once. Now she is taking piano lessons as well (5-10 minute lesson at the end of my lesson with the teacher) and really enjoys it. It takes a lot of work to get her to focus, but it's worth it. She can now play a pretty good version of chopsticks, and also a song called "raindrops" where you find two black notes in a row for both your R & L hands and you alternate playing the tiny chord back and forth, R and L over and over again. (There are even words to this "song" in the piano book!!!) Addie is all about Doggies right now. Seeing as we have one, she is NEVER too tired of acting like a doggy. She and Abigail run around on their 4 apendages and jump on our legs with their tounges wagging and breath/bark at us till we throw them a pretend bone, which they both jump up and catch. Lately Addie has taken this to a new level. When ever she gets in trouble, she blames it on "the doggy". Hmmmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment