
To celebrate Dan's first
arrest, I attempted to make a neat cake (recipe courtesy of my friend Tess) with a fondant topping. If you look closely, you can see the cute little handcuffs I made from the fontant! Go Dan!!! The girls got really in to it!


Addie made her own froggie fondant.

Allllso, I wanted to share the other thing I finished making that I'm so proud of. It took sooooo many hours and was really manly! Here it is... This is our backyard before....

This is it AFTER...


I love Addie in the background on this one!!!
7 comments:
I think the cake turned out great, you'll have to pass on the recipe. I have not worked with fondant yet and I want to, it looks like fun!
The backyard looks great and so much fun. Great job!
Awesome cake!!! Fondant is too scary for me! How the heck did you put that playground together by yourself?! You are either superwoman, or have the most testosterone of any girl I know. I mean that in the nicest way. Way to go Ang!!
wow, your backyard and play structure is SO cute! It is perfect for your little ones to play one, love it.
Also, what is fondant? I like looking at cakewrecks.com and they are always talking about it, but in all honesty I have no idea what it even is, other than that it is edible.
fondant is this kinda hard-layer made of marshmallow and/or cornstarch and confectioners sugar that you can roll out and place over a cake to decorate it and make it look smooth. It looks like frosting, but it's not and it's pliable like clay.
That's awesome! Congrats to Dan on his 1st arrest. Your cake looks delicious and your backyard looks amazing. The girls must have so much fun out there. Great job!
Oooh that cake looks good. Good job! And yeah, Fondant is funky. Looks so pretty and does taste like marshmallow a little.
Congrats on Dan's first arrest and many more to come! ( hmmm is that a good thing or bad? hah hah) Anyway, The playground is AWESOME. The girls look like they LOVE IT!!
I love the cake you made for Dan. Maybe someday he can tell us his first arrest story. I just read the post about Abigail's b-day. I thought it was really funny until I read that Addie confessed for something she didn't do. She is so cute! You'll have to let me know how you dealt with that one.
Post a Comment