Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fam trip to L.A.- Harry Potter anyone???

So our little nephew's birthday party just happened to be the same weekend I was going on my girls trip to So. Cal... so Dan and the kids decided to make a fun family trip out of it and drive down (all by himself with the kids on a road trip... I'm so proud of you Dan!  You have more courage than I.)

Anyway, it was seriously the coolest party we've ever been to.  The prep alone for his party must have taken HOURS and HOURS.  It was a Harry Potter theme and the kids all had so much fun.  One part of this extravagant party was when the "Exotic, Traveling Petting Zoo" came to visit.  All the kids got to touch/hold/pet exotic animals.
 
Yeah Alex!



Addie LOVED the Chins...



I couldn't believe they let us do this.  Isn't this against the law???? Where's PETA??? Shhhhh.



 
(Abigail would have more photos of her, but after a lizard jumped up her arm she was DONE with the animals and only wanted to look at them.  Stupid lizard!
 

 
This is the coolest picture of all.  I LOVE my little snake-tamer- Addie you are so brave!

We had so much fun and were sad to leave.  Thanks Kathy, Mike, and kids for sharing your day with us!  We love you :)

3 comments:

corinne said...

amazing pictures and party! i don't think you could pay me enough to hold that giant yellow snake. I am so impressed that Addie was so brave!

jamie said...

that looks like the coolest party EVER. i would have been in heaven as a kid--i used to play with reptiles of all kinds.

also, addie looks so pretty in these pictures!

Amy said...

Super cool.