Soooo, she's been wiggling and wiggling this tooth every day. It was the center of every conversation. Each day she'd say "LOOK MOMMY!" and show me just how much she could push it out with her tongue (which looked like the same amount every time to me.)
One particular night, I looked at her tooth and said, "Addie- I bet you could pull on that tooth and it would come out right now!" She looked dubious, and was a bit scared to try it. I told her to be careful during the night- and if she had a dream about it falling out then it might be because it really did fall out and to wake herself up! The morning came, and still no tooth out. We ate breakfast in a hurry, and rushed off to school. When Addie went to kiss me goodbye, I said, "Ohhhh! Addie! Your tooth is GONE!" My face must have had a million emotions on it all at once, and I saw each and every one mirrored on Addie's face: First shock, then realization that shock was not a good idea, then excitement, then worry- she must have swallowed it at breakfast!- then thinking; oh no- addie's going to cry- or jump up and down- or laugh- or all of the above...
It all happened so fast- and we were late for school, so she had to run to class with all of this floating around in her head... I just couldn't believe she ate it! It was there before breakfast, and gone after.
So I went home prepared to deal with one, sad kiddo when she got home from school. I had reassured her that the tooth fairy only needs a drawing of the tooth you lost and she will still get a coin under her pillow. But when I got home, I went over to clean up from breakfast... and do you know what I found on the table- right next to her bowl??? Yup. The tooth. She had totally crunched on it, and fished it out of her mouth and put it on the side of her bowl not knowing that it was her TOOTH! I was so excited.
Fast forward:
Addie came home from school and went right to work on her own- she didn't even take her backpack off. She marched right to the table and announced, "I am drawing a picture for the tooth fairy!" She wrote:
"Tooth fairy,
I lost my tooth."
then she drew a tooth.
Meanwhile, I had written a note that was on sparkly paper, put it in a baggy with her missing tooth, and put it under her pillow- it said,
"Dear Addie,
I found this tooth and I just knew it was yours! So I'm giving it back to you so you can put it under your pillow...
See you tonight!
Sweet dreams :)
Love,
the ToothFairy
You can guess the rest. Adds went to put her note under her pillow, and found her tooth and the note from TF. She couldn't contain her excitement- and I felt slightly guilty for taking the lie of the tooth fairy to that extreme- but I couldn't help myself. Just look at this cute toothless grin!
Here's the toothfairy's gift- two quarters taped on the back and front of a sparkly flower.
...and there's the tooth!
1 comment:
Awesome story!
Post a Comment