Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter- through the eyes of a kid.

Easter explanation: Why the easter eggs???
I explained how the egg represents Jesus' tomb, and how there was a gift inside (jesus' body) and when it was opened up, Jesus' body was gone (we eat the candy in the egg all gone).  (Don't worry- they didn't think we ATE Jesus.) I then explained the resurrection (quite the deep subject for a 5 and 2 year old!) in a simple way and said that Jesus was resurrected. They had all sorts of questions and were VERY interested in this.  I talked about how when we die our spirits and bodies separate and our spirit goes up to heaven and our body stays in the earth to wait to be resurrected like Jesus was.  When Addie heard about our spirits leaving our bodies she exclaimed, "Is our spirit a GHOST?!!!?" (Her eyes were really wide at this point.) "Well," I said, "it's more like an angel."  Addie was so excited, "You mean there's an ANGEL inside of me??!!!???"  Yup- you sure are an angel Adds!  It was just an overall cute conversation about Easter and the TRUE meaning of it all.  

I still couldn't figure out an explanation of the Easter Bunny...


Cute things the kids have said lately:

Addie says, " 3! 2! 1! PLAST-OFF!!!!"

Night time prayers; explaining how Heavenly Father wants to hear how we're feeling:
Mommy: "H.F. wants to hear all about your day and how you feel inside."
Abigail: "Inside???"
Mommy: "Yes- how you are feeling inside of YOU."
Abigail: "I feel a hair inside my mouth!"

Abigail common phrase: "a lib-a-dit" (she means "a little bit")- did I already post this one?

Here's some pics from our Easter Egg Hunt this year:

 Here's Addie at her school's egg hunt:
 The anticipation...........
 The chase.............
The spoils...........
This is a cute little craft inspired by a friend (thanks Alyssa) and another friend (thanks Sara)- cute little spring projects... thanks to them I've discovered "ModPodge"- which I still don't know how to spell. here's a closer look at the photo: it says "Spring is in the Air"
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

No comments: