Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Addieness"

That's what I'm going to call it when Addie says something that is just plain laugh out loud funny.  Two things this time:

#1-  Me (while driving in the car): "Addie don't take off your seatbelt while we're driving!!!  Do you know that if a policeman sees you he could pull us over and take you to JAIL?!!"

Addie (in a very casual tone): "Juvie?"

Me: "..............What?"

Addie:  "You know, Juvie."

Me: "......................"  (She couldn't POSSIBLY be talking about Juvenile Delinquents.)

Addie:  "That's where kids go to jail."

Ok, so she WAS talking about Juvenile Delinquents.

Me: "Who taught you THAT word?" 

Addie:  "Hailey."

Me: "Oh."  (This is her 8 yr old cousin.)

Now THAT was a funny conversation.  Caught me completely by surprise.  Ha.  Juvie. 


#2-  Addie:  "Mommy, I think I'm allergic to tickling."
       Me:  "Why?"
       Addie:  "Because whenever anyone tickles me I just ITCH."

1 comment:

Britney said...

I'm seriously laughing out loud right now...Juvie? I don't think I learned that until I was in Jr. High!!! Too funny!