Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The beginning of a Great Day.

I was up till 1am last night making fondant flowers... partly because I couldn't sleep, partly because I just wanted to...  Addie's birthday is today and she is officially SIX years old!  Abigail and I had made mini cupcakes  yesterday in preparation for Addie's class today... The cupcakes looked so yummy and cute... wish I had a picture of them... Anyway, Addie was bouncing all over in the car on our way to school... and 1 minute in to the car ride (and I mean that we were still in our garage)  Addie stepped on the cupcakes.  These were 2 of the non-survivors:
Talk about emotions!  I had just gotten THREE children ready and out the door for the day... Lunched packed, baby's fed, clothes and hair=cute, cupcakes frosted and decorated... And it's also Abigail's first day of preschool!!!!!  I was SO upset I could've cried.  It was only 8:15am.  So I plastered on a smile, said "it's ok..." and went back inside to salvage what I could.  Luckily, most of them had just been tipped over and squished into each other... Hope the kids in addie's class don't mind cupcakes with a little personality. 
So, consequently, i didn't get a pic of Addie on her 6th birthday before school, and I also did not get a pic of Abigail getting dropped off on her first day of preschool... I will post 'em when I get 'em.  Right now I'm just enjoying having NOTHING to do!  Baby's sleeping, Adds and Bird are at school. Ahhhhhhh. Breathe.

The point of today's blog is:  I was talking to Dan and mentioned that I think God invented blogging for mom's to be able to vent their stories in a way that makes all the mistakes and oopsies of a mommy's day turn in to something to laugh about.  Seriously.  How often have I read about a TERRIBLE day of a mommy-friend on her blog, and it actually is pretty funny.  All of these experiences are worth remembering.  All of these experiences are things I will yearn for when they are grown and gone.  All of these experiences remind me of how great life is and how short it has become.  

Thank you blog.

I love you.

4 comments:

Brennen said...

Happy Birthday, Addie!
She and my mom share the same B-Day, so it's an extra-special day!

dixonfamily said...

happy birthday Addie!!! i am sure the cupcakes were adorable. the non-survivors still looked super cute!
I hate those days where things go wrong, not because you weren't on top of things, but just because that's life. So annoying. I agree with you about blogs being a blessing to moms. even just rereading my own experiences makes me happy. I guess in part because I know we've survived some serious crap and that we are still mostly sane.
I've been thinking about you a ton and wanting to call you. Dang the time difference and the fact that life is CRAZY! I'll make it happen soon! Love ya!

Britney said...

Oh....I wanted to cry for you! I can only imagine how cute the cupcakes were!!!!

jamie said...

i'm with you. blogs are a great way to share the every day stuff. i'm sorry you had stress. and still can't believe addie is six!