Here's a neat story for ya:
A couple months ago, Addie lost her "Pandy" (favorite little panda bear stuffed animal- about 3 inches high.) This was what she slept with, snuck to school, brought in the car... Pandy came everywhere with her. A few times this month she has mentioned Pandy to me and Dan... usually saying something like, "I hope we can find Pandy some day..." at random times. As Christmas drew nearer, she actually started mentioning Pandy in her prayers... "...and please bless that we can find Pandy cause I really want to find him." I am retarded and didn't even think about trying to get her a Panda Bear for Christmas until a couple days ago, when I casually asked Addie and Abigail what they would want more than anything in the world for Christmas.
Abigail answered, "a LION that's big- really big- and it's hard and it roars!!!" (she wants a mechanical lion.)
Addie answered, "All I want for Christmas is a Pandy, a pink bouncy ball with purple flowers on it, and a remote-control fairy."
... I didn't really hear the last thing she said (which would make someone millions if they invented it- what girl doesn't dream of a remot-control, flying fairy????) because I realized that I could've made Christmas so simple and just gotten her what she wanted. So simple and small- and she would've been so happy!!! (and I would've saved a bunch of $ too.)
"I don't know if Santa will be able to find you a Panda sweetie," I told her.
"Mom- Santa can do ANYTHING. He's SANTA." She said it with such conviction.
So that night Dan and I were frantically searching for Panda Bears online. The next day Dan went to a bunch of stores, and I went to the mall, and we only found big panda bears- nothing close to the tiny one she had. So sad.
Sooooo, I came in to work tonight. We've been wrapping gifts for the sick kiddos here- and sneaking presents in to their rooms all night.
Around 3 in the morning, 2 big, burly gents came in to our unit accompanied by our security guard, and they both had a huge, black, garbage bag slung over their shoulders. They both wore beanie caps on their heads, and both sported goatee's. They were from Toys for Tots, and had brought a bunch of stuffed animals for the kids! Jokingly, I asked if they had a small Panda Bear in there. This is what he pulled out:
Way to go Santa. You really out-did yourself this year.
Now I just hope someone leaves a mechanical LION on our doorstep.
On a different note, other things Addie has said lately:
Daddy: I got mommy's christmas present today :)
Adds: Oh Daddy you can tell me- I'm really good at keeping a secret. I always forget it!
Addie was singing this song today:
"Get on the Chicken, Get on the Chicken, Get on the Chicken and ride it to the North Pole!"
Here's another:
As we are driving Addie to school and the sun is shining into the car, Abigail says, "AAAhhh- Mommy the sun is trying to get into my eyes!" (She was very distressed. I would be too if I thought the Sun was trying to crawl in my eyes!)
Random.

No comments:
Post a Comment