Saturday, December 25, 2010

Nostalgia

Dan and I have decided that there needs to be a genre of music called "Nostalgia".  Everyone knows what I am talking about.  In the 60's it was the Beatles' "Let it be" and John Lennon's "Imagine".  The 70's brought the nostalgic Simon & Garfunkle's "Bookends".  In the 80's it was Rod Stewart's "Forever Young". The 90's gave us the #1 songs for highschool assembly slideshows- Green Day's "I hope you have the time of your life", Cranberries "Dreams", and Deana Carter's "Strawberry Wine"...  In the 2000's it has been such songs as Cold Play's "Till Kingdom Come", Dave Mathews (several of his stuff...) You get the drift.

Right at this moment, the best band of this genre EVER is Mumford and Sons.  Here's a couple of our favorites: Winter Winds, The Cave, and just about every other song they've written.  Although, I have to put a disclaimer out there for one of their most famous songs "Lion Man"- which I will not put a link to- because although it is an amazing song- it drops a few swearwords that were never meant to be sung.  So it's pretty harsh on the ears.  All their others are amazing.  Dan made me the coolest cd of a bunch of their songs for Christmas- along with a bunch of other great songs from family/friends suggestions. I LOVE it.  Anyway, here's my tribute to:
NOSTALGIA.

No comments: