Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Out of the mouth of Husbands

Dan can reeeeeally make me laugh sometimes. The other day he made the comment to baby Tay's (as she was kind of crying and being very vocal and loud at dinner time), "Life is like a jar of baby food Taylor. you never know what you're going to get. But I  know what YOU'RE going to get. It's bananas and rice cereal."


Then, that very night, he was teasing me as we were laying there in bed and he made me laugh so hard that I lost all control of my emotions and I started bawling. He was so funny and he switched gears from teasing to comforting and he seemed all concerned and didn't know what had happened but it made me cry/laugh even harder because he was so sincere and really I was just laughing too hard to control myself and this made me laugh even harder! Whew! That was one of the reasons I married Dan. Our sense of humor is the BEST.

-Today our car's battery died while Dan was at Addie's Gymnastics. I went with the van to go jump start the car.  Dan and I had a bit of a disagreement about how to do it (I said we had to attach the negative side of the dead car to the metal of the car- not the battery hub- and Dan was saying there's no order to anything and that nothing mattered- you just throw them all on in any order). Needless to say, when I got back in the car I was so fed up- and I said out loud, "Addie... if your husband ever thinks he knows what he's talking about, he's wrong!"  and Addie replied, "Mom, I don't even know what you're talking about!" I laughed right out loud on that one.  Really took the edge off :)

No comments: