Photography Blog
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Nice moment
I was listening to a talk by one of the Apostles of our church today as I was doing housework... He began talking about his family. His wife. His children. His grandchildren. His posterity. His emotions overtook him as he spoke of his love and joy for them, and what they mean to him in his life here on earth. His tears fell freely as he said how much he was proud of them. It made me feel so emotional as well- thinking about my own special connection with MY little family. My husband. My children. My future posterity... It confirmed to me, once again, that family is what it is all about. God wants us to be as He is. He has children- us- and he loves us. How could we experience this life fully without feeling what God feels for us? I thought of other people who have not had the opportunity to experience this and my heart felt sorrow. I thought about other churches where the leaders have not had this emotion inside of them because they believe that God wants them to be celibate and not have their own spouse/children/family. There are so many people who are trying so hard to find someone to have their own partnership and family with... yet others who choose this out of choice... It just makes me feel so grateful to have current leadership of my church. The humility I saw in this prophet's face would be difficult to achieve without having experienced the joys and sorrows of parenthood. The knowledge and understanding that this great leader felt could only come from living through the struggles and trials of raising a family in this world. He understands what I am going through. He knows. It is someone concrete that has personal experience with what I am experiencing. This is such a blessing to me in my life. I'm so glad God speaks to me too. He helps me so much every day. Love Him. After listening to that talk, I listened to THIS one and was touched beyond measure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment