Tonight at bedtime (I LOVE this time of day- my kids are doing anything and everything they can to stay awake just a little bit longer- and they want a million hugs and kisses and stories and they want to tell me about everything and talk with us a ton..) Addie got all excited and whispered (loudly and excitedly), "Mommy do you want to know what the BEST Christmas present in the whole, wide, world is? I'm going to give it to you for Christmas this year and you are going to LOVE it. It's better than ANYthing EVER. Do you wanna know? WAIT- I can't tell you. I'm just going to give it to you. I can't WAIT!"
Then 2 seconds later..
"Ok Mommy I'm just going to tell you. Do you wanna know what the BEST PRESENT EVER is????!!!!" I lean in closer and excitedly say, "Yes!!!" Addie: "It's a biiiiiiiig hug and kiss JUST for YOU!!!" You wouldn't believe how excited she was at this point- her hands all crinkled up under her chin in fists and she was shaking dramatically/excitedly with teeth smiling huge... It was so cute. I told her it really WAS the best present to get, and that I loved that idea.
Then Abigail cuts in and interjects: "No- Mommy you wanna know what I'M going to get you fow Cwistmas this yeaw? It's the BESTBESTBEST pwesent EVOW- Even bettow that ALL the pwesents in the wowld?!?!?"
I leaned in closer excitedly and said, "What?!!!?"
Abigail: "It's the Mother in "Rapunzel" that says, "Wapunzel, Wapunzel- let down yow haiw!!!!" Then you can climb up it Mommy and it'll be the BEST!!!!!!!!"
Oh I think BOTH kids were right tonight.
So cute.
2 comments:
Wow, Addie's gift will definitely make it up to your self esteem after you take Abigail's gift & find out that you've been kidnapped, neglected, and manipulated all your life!
Ams- hahahahahaha- so true!
Post a Comment