Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ohhhh baby!

So tomorrow we find out if we're having a boy or a girl. Exciting stuff. I can't figure out if I really know what I'd LIKE to have... If it's a girl, then we'll love it. The more girls I have, the bigger blanket of security I feel around me as I age. Girls tend to stick close to their mom's despite getting married off and leaving the nest. (right?) If we have a boy, I'm sure my tummy will flutter in anticipation and excitement... but mostly I might have a small panic breakdown. I don't know what to do with boys. They're so.... DiFferEnT. Every day that goes by I think about the little being growing inside me. It's an amazing thing to witness the movement of life from within as it grows stronger each day. I've been feeling the little butterfly-like flutterings in my abdomen for weeks now, but on the 4th of July, during the fireworks, Dan gave me a big hug and our tummies were squished together... and this little peanut reared up and kicked somethin' fierce. I was sure Dan felt it, it was so enormous... but he didn't feel it. In some ways it's kind of special to be able to have this tiny bond between myself and the baby, but I can't wait for Dan to feel it too. He jokes at me because I follow him around and make him keep his hand on my belly when the baby's moving, all the while saying repeatedly, "Did you feel THAT??? Did you FEEL that??? What about THAT???" During several, quiet moments, I've felt a really special bond with this baby. When some friends of mine were having their 3rd and 4th babies, I remembered getting confused as to how many kids they had, and always forgetting the names/ages/etc. of the subsequent kids... To everyone else, every additional pregnancy is lumped with the previous ones, but to ME this pregnancy is just as different and special as the rest were. With each baby comes an equal, if not greater, sacrifice. My body, my mind, my strength... So this 9 months, to me, is as new and exciting as the first. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to finding out the sex. We'll keep you posted :) Any guesses?

5 comments:

Janet said...

I was just wondering yesterday if you'd found out yet! I can't wait to hear! No guesses, but I must say that you SHOULD be scared if it's a boy! :) Speaking from experience here. They are little beasts. However, having said that, I'm SO glad that I've gotten to experience both. They're so different and both so fun in their own different ways. If you have a girl, though, our girls can be buddies! :) Keep us posted!!!

colbyanddeniseovery said...

I think it's a girl.

corinne said...

even if you have a wild boy, your two older girls will keep him busy playing with dollies and blankies and he will probably be less destructive as a result... at least for a while!
can't wait to find out!

dixonfamily said...

I say boy!!! They really are fun, but they are different from girls. Either way three is a good, crazy number. Good luck at the ultrasound! I can't wait to hear!!!

Amy said...

Ang! I say boy, to be different from your previous pregnancies.

Great post! Everything you said is so true.

By the way, I hope you have a boy and I have a girl so they can be friends like Thomas and Addie were. Little boys are awesome, don't listen to Janet. (hee hee)