Me: When Addie's chickenpox get itchy I've been putting hydrocortisone cream on her.
Dan: What's that?
Me: It's a steroid.
Dan: So you give the chickenpox STEROIDS??!!!! Does that mean that they'll get all big and strong?
Me: -fake chuckle- "ha ha".
Dan: Then you'd have to call them "Roosterpox".
2 comments:
I gotta say that I think its hilarious you don't want to expose anyone else to the chickenpox...just because our parents used to do chicken pox playdates. "hey, you got chicken pox? Great, we're coming over!" Just because vaccination wasn't an option so if you know your kids are going to get it, best to get it over with & plan on exposing your kids so you've got some control over it. Especially since it can kill adults but goes easy on kids.
Interesting fact: I have 4 friends whose children have had SHINGLES. Children younger than age 8. Their pediatrician believes they got shingles from their chicken pox vaccine...since they didn't get the pox the virus flared up later on as shingles. Weird huh?
i have no idea how you throw so many awesome kids parties. you have secret reservoirs of energy hidden somewhere, and i demand to know where you found them! blast you and your overachieving craftiness and party-throwingness! looks like a blast. i wish my boys could have come and rounded out the numbers a bit! :)
p.s. the picture of dan with baby poop on his shirt in the earlier post is the best thing i have seen in a while. so classic.
Post a Comment