Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Valentines- 2011

We have a new favorite holiday at our home.  I got really in to it this year.  Between all the crafts, parties, and romance.... this year def comes out as one of the BEST :)  (Oh stop reading in to the "romance" part you babies!  Of COURSE it was romantic!  It's Valentines Day.  Duh.)

First for the crafts....  We blew up huge pics of the girls, photoshopped them to make'em all Valentine-y,
Then made HUGE valentines out of them and hung'em up.  I felt like an old lady making these.  I was using doilies, lace, fake flowers, a glue gun... It was funny.

Then I made this table decoration thanks to the inspiration of Britney, who was inspired by Ali, who was inspired by.... I don't know...
first- get a few things from the dollar store and cut them in half, then into heart shapes.




couple more dollar store supplies... some felt and glue...



Fold circle-felt peices in half, then in half again, and straight-pin them into the Styrofoam.



and DISPLAY!
Now it's time to have a couple parties.  First Abigail had her party- our playgroup is so awesome.

Janae you are so creative and fun!


playing pin-the-heart on cupids arrow.

Our good friends Brennen & Tracy :)  So glad they came.

Laura brought stuff to decorate!

Even Tays helped decorate the bags.




Abigail giving out her Valentines....


This was my place after the party was over.  Holy Cow- it was a MESS.


decorating cup cakes. Thanks Tobreth and Sarah!


Party favors :)
On to Addie's party... we invited her whole kindergarten class.  Only ONE boy came!  The rest were all squealing girlies.  We had so much fun!
We had food......

 Cup cakes that were shaped like hearts :)  (thanks sarah for your cupcake maker!)

decorated heart cookies....


Abigail helped make the cupcakes....  look at her cute apron!

Here's when the party started and a few girls were here- we all played games...




Duck duck Goose- changed to "Cupid's arrow's gonna shoot"- then you say "LOVE" when the person is tagged "it".


I made homemade clay (thanks mom for the recipe and memories from MY childhood with this that gave me the idea!) and dyed it pink.  They all got to keep their clay.


decorating cookies :)

here's most of them.. although a few stragglers were inside playing and on the playhouse outside.



LASTLY, the Romance of my Valentines Day.  Dan was in charge this year.  He was amazing.
The BEST meal ever.  Way better than ANY restaurant.  We had Shrimp Diavolo, Rosemary bread w/ oil and vinegar, (from the Mac Grill) stuffed mushrooms, zucchini, and sparkling can-apple juice.  We STUFFED ourselves silly till we couldn't move.  BEST Valentines ever.  It was PERFECT.  I love my Dan.
When V-Day was ALL said and done... THIS was what was left.  Nighty night!

1 comment:

Amy said...

oh my goodness, Ang, you are such a mom to GIRLS!!! haha, I think that my approach to Valentines is SO DIFFERENT because I've got boys, I'm laughing right now.