Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Shoes to the grave...

Dum dum du-dum dum da dum da dum da dum... (the death/mortuary song) So I thought I had a lot of energy today. Turns out I was wrong. I found myself sitting on the floor of the shoe department of Target wondering how I would get enough energy to walk back to the car! Let me explain how I got there... Meet my flip flops..... I have no other shoes that I can just slip on and run out the door with but these. It got a little rediculous when I realized last week that I'd gone to a church meeting (wearing a dress and all) with these yucky shoes on. Let me be clear that I NEVER go shoe shopping. I always admire other people's cute shoes and wish I had the brains/talent of encountering such finds at the local grocery store. Of course this dream is unrealistic, along with my other dream of only paying $15 or less for ANY pair of shoes (except running shoes and hiking shoes... I'll pay $50 for them). Anyway, the result is that now I have stupid "pelvic congestion syndrome" with this pregnancy and it's quite painful. I decided that my shoes were a contributing factor... (Who would guess?) Anyway, after sitting on the floor of Target's shoe department letting my kids try on all sorts of fun shoes and wanting to brake down and cry, I called in the experts. (Thank you Britney!) The enthusiasm of a good friend got me off my bootie and out the door... where I soon found a store that had these babies:Don't my feet look happy? Ahhh, the support of an arch. These are still not ideal for walking around in, but it's better than the two pieces of cardboard I was walking around on before. BTW I paid $24 for these and didn't bat an eye.

2 comments:

Amy said...

oh wow. You poor girl. Those new shoes look great and I think you definitely deserve them!

Britney said...

Yea for good shoes! Your feet look great in them!