Soooo.....
This week has been eventful (to say the least). While on our way to go on a San Francisco Bay cruise, we stopped at a red light and were peacefully waiting our signal to go, when we were struck from behind by a guy who stated later that he "just wasn't paying any attention". We all got a little whiplash, and our car was bent under from behind, but at least we were all safe. Dan and I were so ticked. What a yahoo that guy was. He was probably texting or something stupid. Here I am, 6 months prego and two kids in the back of the van... and let's not mention the fact that our van is only a month old!
So, the next day I'm driving to work. I had just won tickets off a radio station to Disney's Princesses on Ice show...(I'm SO excited for this!!) and I was looking back towards my blind spot to change lanes. When I looked back ahead of me, all those silly little cars in front of me had STOPPED. Consequently, and unfortunately, I smacked in to the back of the guy in front of me! I just couldn't believe it. 2 wrecks and both our cars in less than 24 hours. My insurance company was a little confused when I called to report the 2nd one... "Yes ma'am, you say you were in an accident? So this was already reported yesterday right? Um you mean you got in one just now... this is separate from yesterday's accident... I see. Um, ok."
Talk about embarrassing.
Anyway, I was really lucky that:
a: I swerved to try and miss the guy in front of me so I ended up hitting the corners of our cars instead of straight on from the back. Any other day I would kick myself for doing this- because it's a LOT more expensive to get both the front AND the side of my car fixed instead of just repairing the front bumper... but had that happened, my airbag would've gone off and I would've been making an immediate trip to the ER to check on the baby. There's no room for airbags with a pregnant woman!
b: I was on my way to work, where I was able to sneak up to the Labor and Delivery Unit of my hospital during my break and get a quick check from the friends there to make sure the baby was ok :) Everything's fine and we're all ok.
What a fun week.
Photography Blog
Saturday, September 12, 2009
The Wunderli Wrecking Ball
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yikes! looks like you were the "yahoo" the next day! so sorry!!!
holy cow! i'm glad you're all safe and i'm really sorry that you have to deal with all the car-fix-up garbage! have fun with that!
Post a Comment